www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Free Advertising for a Website

Free Advertising for a Website

I have a website. How can I get people to visit? What can I do online FOR FREE that would drive more visitors to my site?

I'm not talking about SEO or META tags. What I want to do is get people to see my link and click on it, such as through link exchange programs and reciprocals.

Many boards and forums frown upon (and some forbid and get very angry) posting links in order to attract people, even if it is not a commercial interest.

How do I advertise a site? Is there any place I can add my link, or ask people to visit?

Thanks,
    Multi

craigslist under services is one place.

Cool. Any others?

What is your site about? Is there currently any content visible? If so, and it is accurate and interesting? Do you think others with similar interests might be interested in viewing your work? If so, try submitting your URL to 'social submit sites' like digg.com, reddit.com, stumbleupon.com, diigo.com, facebook, twitter, mixx.com, furl.com fark.com, current.com furl.com, ....-I could on and on. There are HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of sites that would be interested in accepting your URL suggestion. Submitting your site throws it in front of the bus wheels, so to speak.
    I build for: Firefox and tweak for IE

Hmm... I'm a web guy, but I'm not too aware of the whole "social media" aspect of the web. How can I submit my site to these sites? Like Facebook, for example. I use it all the time and people say "submit your site to Facebook". What does this mean? How do I do it? Same with MySpace.

I've heard of Digg and Stumbleupon and such. I've never looked into them too closely. I suppose I should do that.

Thanks!

Thread Information