www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: A question about redirecting some way other than <% response.SendRedirect(""); %>

A question about redirecting some way other than <% response.SendRedirect(""); %>

I am seeking a way to redirect and application after responding to it with a response.setStatus(response.SC_OK) status message(s).

Is there some other way to achieve a redirect and would the following be one of those solutions:

Code:
    <% response.setStatus(response.SC_MOVED_TEMPORARILY); %>
    <% response.setHeader("Location","http://www.somesite.com"); %>
    or even...

Code:
    <% response.setStatus(307); %>
    <% response.setHeader("Location","http://www.somesite.com"); %>
    Second question on this, if HTTP POST parameters are being sent along to the first address, will this (or any) redirect method (besides appending them in a GET URL string) forward them along as POST values to the second (redirect) URL?

Are you having a problem with these examples?

I assume you have them inside a try block.

have you look into this?
    "Java is great, PHP sucks and .NET can't scale" - Shaun Connoly, JBoss's vice president of product development. April 5, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by sirpelidor View Post
    have you look into this?
    No, I have not but will. Thank you for sending me this link.

On a side note, it seems the farther and farther I get into Java, the more I realize I'm fooling myself if I think I'm going to be able to do much with either just scriptlets or JSTL EL.

I'm more of a web designer by experience and so learning full blown Java was not something I wanted to get into. I wanted to be able to throw in the occasional server-side code snippet here or there (my background being mostly in PHP) and not have to develop in NetBeans or Ganymede and compile a class for use on a front-facing web page.

However, any more it looks like I'm going to need to learn it from the ground (Java) up to really move my web development skills forward on our OpenCMS platform.

Thread Information