www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: div or iframe over an applet

div or iframe over an applet

Hi guys, I want to create a custom video control, I mean over the video itself, with issues like double click on some x and y coordinates of the video to zoom In, but I can't get this result because the real player plugin API is not that flexible, then I Tried to create a transparent layer to handle those events and I can't achieve that the transparent layer sits on top of the video, I tried this list:

1.- Put a flash transparent movie over the real player plugin- not working the player breaks the z-Index and the video goes to the top.

2.- Put an Iframe transparent over the real player plugin- not working it puts on top, but when I make the Iframe transparent, the movie goes agains to the top.

3.- I tried to use the map html tag, also is not working.

4.-I tried to put and div absolute positioned, but z-index is not working.

I need some help with this topic.

thanks guys

I would suggest doing the entire thing in Flash. That way you don't have two disconnected components... and trying to get them to work together. Flash is by far a more popular choice than Real Player.
    While this is not a zoom-in example, here is a Flash example of using a mask to show an image which is underneath the top image. With a little work, I think you could do the same thing with a zoom.
    http://www.uncledoodad.com/live/live.html
    click the "Turn off the lights Dude!" button.
    Best of luck to you.
    EfV

first about thanks for your time.

Yes I know that flash is better by far, but the problem here is that I have a rtsp stream and flash does not support rtsp just rtmp, and de zoom effect happens in other player below this one and is smaller, I send the request to the server with x and y coordinates, and in the background I change the stream of the smaller video player, this is why i made it with real player...

any Idea?

No ideas on how to implement your idea using the Real Player, sorry.
    But if you are intending this as a Web delivered video, you may want to rethink the use of the Real Media Player. Even if you do get this to work, each viewer will still have to have the Real Player plugin in their Web browser before they can view the video. What if, after all your work, only 50% of your viewers can watch the video?
    Currently Real Player is one of the least popular plugins. Flash on the other hand is 95+% saturation. In the end, you may find it a better solution to switch to a Flash server because of the wider potential audiance.
    Best of luck to ya'
    EfV

Thread Information