dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How do I write an auction script?

How do I write an auction script?

I want to create an auction script for a website I am creating, but I don’t know what scripting language I would have to use and how to go about doing it. Does anybody know what I would have to do? Or are there any book(s) I could buy or site(s) that would teach me how to use a scripting language to accomplish what I am trying to do?

I want the site to function like this:

- Person enters his/her contact info and laptop info into my form questions. (ex: title of listing, laptop brand, operating system, etc), and also, how long he/she wants the auction to go and whether he/she wants to set a buy it now price, and if so, how much? Their will be about 14 laptop info questions

- When info is submitted, it is held in a mysql database and an email is sent to me containing all the info for my approval to list the laptop on my auction site. In this email, I want to see the submitted info in the email and have 2 buttons. One that approves the listing and one that denies it.

- When a listing is denied for whatever reason, I want an email to be automatically sent to the Lister’s email address that was submitted as one of the form questions, notifying the person that his/her listing was denied. Also, I want all that info submitted by that lister to be automatically erased from the mysql database.

- If the listing is approved, the contact info and laptop info stays in a MySQL database – the submitted “title of listing” info, which is part of the laptop info should be added to the main auction listings page, where all the laptop listings are displayed (which I also need to know how to create), as the title of that listing, and the rest of the laptop info that was submitted should be listed on this laptop listing’s personal page that buyers are directed to when they click on it’s title on the main auction listings page.

- On this laptop listing’s personal page, I want the “title of listing” to be on the top of the page. Below that, I want info like the “current highest offer”, if any. Also, how many offers were made, time left, date started, date it ends, make an offer (with a form bar to enter amount), buy it now for $XXXX” button and “ask seller a question” button. When a seller is asked a question, I want the question to be sent to the seller by email and in the email, I want there to be a text box where the seller could enter his answer and submit it. When it is submitted, I want the answer to be sent to the asker by email and also both the question and answer posted on the bottom of the listings personal page for everyone to see.

- I want to create a registration page for buyers to sign up with. After this registration, I want to have a page where buyers have to e-sign to agree to pay my broker fees after the deal is closed, and I want this e-signature to make this fee agreement legally binding.

- I need to make a sign in page where buyers sign in to their accounts in order to do things like make offers, buy laptops, etc.

What happens when an offer is accepted or buyer agrees to buy it now price?

- When an offer is made, an email is sent to the seller, telling them that they have an offer, what the offer is, and in the email, they have 3 buttons giving them the option to accept the offer, put it on hold and wait for other potential offers, or deny the offer.

- When an offer is denied, the seller who accepted it is redirected to a page telling them that they have denied the offer and an email is sent to the buyer, telling him/her their offer has been denied.

- When an offer is accepted, the seller who accepted it is redirected to a page telling them that they have accepted the offer. An email is sent to the buyer who made the offer, telling them that their offer has been accepted and giving them the contact info of the seller and also a “pay now’ link for them to pay the broker fee with once the deal is closed.

I am new to this level of web devopment

Unhappy Oops!

Please disregard the part of my post where I said, "What happens when an offer is accepted or buyer agrees to buy it now price?". I copy and pasted this post and forgot to delete that part before I posted, and I have no idea how to edit or delete threads. My mistake

Thread Information