www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: does anyone know percentage of web users that can view flash

does anyone know percentage of web users that can view flash

I need to know how what sort of proportion of users on the web have browsers that can view Flash. What about if a Flash movie is created using Flash MX, how much does this figure then fall and is it possible to save Flash movies to a previous version using Flash mx,
    thanks

i think it's like 97% of the public has flash mx installed.. the only problem is blind peeps cant see it. (no screen readers can read flash)
    Theres this thing called imperfection. Its the one thing everyones got but nobody wants.

I.. HATE.. EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU! Why do.. I Love you? I HATE Everything about you! Why do I.. love you??? Everytime we lie awake... after every hit we take.. every feeling that i get.. but i haven't missed you yet. only when I stop to think about it... I.. HATE.. EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU! Why do.. I Love you? I HATE Everything about you! Why do I.. love you?

note: it's mostly school computers that DONT have it installed. Most public computers have it already installed.
    Theres this thing called imperfection. Its the one thing everyones got but nobody wants.

I.. HATE.. EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU! Why do.. I Love you? I HATE Everything about you! Why do I.. love you??? Everytime we lie awake... after every hit we take.. every feeling that i get.. but i haven't missed you yet. only when I stop to think about it... I.. HATE.. EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU! Why do.. I Love you? I HATE Everything about you! Why do I.. love you?

Yep, 97% as of June 2003: http://www.macromedia.com/software/p...s/flashplayer/

But the Eolas lawsuit might get in the way of that... Hopefully not, with the W3C's help.

Personal website http://www.ryanbrill.com/
    Business website: http://www.infinitywebdesign.com/
    TypeSpace http://www.typespace.org/

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!

Hi

thanks a lot,
    when did browsers start supporting javascript. How does javascript support compare to Flash support, I assume it must be a percent or two more then?

javascript is widely supported. but a lot of people turn it off. so like 13% of the people who go to your site won't have JS installed.

Hi

Really, I didnt know that,
    so that means that menus or anything else written in Flash is more widely supported than Javascript.
    Why do some people turn Javascript off?

to block popups, anti-right click scripts, annoying things following your mouse around the page, ect.

Thread Information