dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Sortable.create

Sortable.create

Hi,

I developed same feature using the Demo Application and working great for me too

http://webdesign.torn.be/tutorials/j...rototype/demo/

but when i add a option called ghosting: true in Sortable.create('sortlist', { tag: 'img', overlap:'horizontal', constraint:false, ghosting:true,

the sorting is not smooth and the images are not adjusting /moving as i drag the image on other like previous .

How can we achieve the same functionality by using ghosting: true and moving of images while dragging ...

Thanks in advance ..
    Sri..

Whenever you use more than one library (prototype and scriptaculous, your case) you should expect troubles. Javascript Libraries bring troubles by default, if you don't know javascript language. But using more than a single library will bring troubles for sure, as they might use, each of them, the same named functions or custom methods for different purposes.

Learn javascript and create your own codes. Don't try to find an easy short cut by using frameworks/libraries without learning their basic language, which is javascript.
    Last edited by Kor; 09-02-2009 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kor
    Whenever you use more than one library (prototype and scriptaculous, your case) you should expect troubles.
    script.aculo.us is actually an add-on for Prototype.js.

Don't try to find an easy short cut by using frameworks/libraries without learning their basic language, which is javascript.
    There's no reason to think the poster hasn't learned JavaScript. Please try not to post generic rants where they don't apply.
    for(split(//,'))*))91:+9.*4:1A1+9,1))2*:..)))2*:31.-1)4131)1))2*:3)"'))
    {for(ord){$i+=$_&7;grep(vec($s,$i++,1)=1,1..($_>>3)-4);}}print"$s\n";

sri, with ghosting off, dragging an item creates an open space among the tiles. The other tiles are able to move around by moving into the open space. With ghosting on, however, the dragged item's space is no longer empty, and the other tiles have no room to move.
    for(split(//,'))*))91:+9.*4:1A1+9,1))2*:..)))2*:31.-1)4131)1))2*:3)"'))
    {for(ord){$i+=$_&7;grep(vec($s,$i++,1)=1,1..($_>>3)-4);}}print"$s\n";

Thread Information