www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Upload Question

Upload Question

I have a question. One of my clients wants a Database Driven website where data in constantly being updated by the client.

The clients updates an Excel Spreadsheet. He then wants to go to the website, upload this Excel Spreadsheet and update the database (Access or SQL) automatically, so that the updated data is reflected on the site.

Example would be a Table that would display shoes for sale. The client has an identical copy of the Table in an Excel Spreadsheet. He then updates pricing on a weekly basis, in that Spreadsheet, but wants to upload the spreadsheet to the site which then updates the Access DB.

Is that even possible? I think that he would need to update 1 record at a time through ASP...

Any thoughts?
    Brachole
    Web Development
    fcoloccia(at)prostatcorp.com

It's possible to write ASP code that will upload a file and then trigger a job that will delete all records in a table then load fresh data via the excel chart.

Can anyone point me to where I would find code to do a job like this please ?

Cormac

Quote Originally Posted by championc View Post
    Can anyone point me to where I would find code to do a job like this please ?

Cormac
    If you are using Microsoft SQL Server look up DTS Packages, if you are using something else, look at setting up a kron job or something like that.

The idea would be to have the job process an excel file in a certain directory every X minutes/hours/days
    It's truly shameful that I have to tell people that they are asking .NET questions in a classic ASP board. . .

Thread Information