www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Manipulating the link bar

Manipulating the link bar

You know that bar that displays the link path in the bottom of your browser? How do I go about altering the contents of that bar when I rollover a link?

That's the status bar. We hate you when you mess with it.

I hate when people like you respond to my posts. If you don't have any input, then please don't respond. I am doing this for a reason and I would appreciate it if you shut your mouth please.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleybebad View Post
    I hate when people like you respond to my posts. If you don't have any input, then please don't respond. I am doing this for a reason and I would appreciate it if you shut your mouth please.
    Editing the status bar is typically bad practice. You shouldn't mess with it, and if you don't like people like him responding to your posts, then take the 5 seconds that it takes to google and answer. It took me more time to write this post telling you how use google than it will take you to write the code.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=javas...36edbd3c16a1c5
    It's truly shameful that I have to tell people that they are asking .NET questions in a classic ASP board. . .

How could I google if I didn't know what the bar was called? Anyways, thanks for your much needed help. I know it is not good practice, but a client wants it and I cannot do anything about it. Money speaks louder than good practice some times

Quote Originally Posted by bradleybebad View Post
    Guess I had some worthy input then, eh? I only assumed this was for Internet. However, there are times even I consider using it for local application in lieu of alert()
    Bet you hate being slave to the dollar, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by justinbarneskin View Post
    Guess I had some worthy input then, eh? I only assumed this was for Internet. However, there are times even I consider using it for local application in lieu of alert()
    Bet you hate being slave to the dollar, eh?
    Sucks being a dollar slave Sorry about the harsh reply. I was having one of those days and didn't like the word hate... Thanks for your help

Thread Information