www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Where can I get background music for media projects?

Where can I get background music for media projects?

I am creating multimedia projects (both for educational and professional purposes). Where can I get high-quality background music for commercial projects for free? Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Multimediocrity

Well it looks like you've been underwhelmed with response to this one.
    While you could download over the Internet, why not network in your local community? One source I would suggest is local talent. Since you mention educational purposes, check out a local college or high school music or multimedia program. There is a lot of talent out there waiting to be discovered. Ofter a mention in the credits roll is all that's required to have access to great original scores. Become the "Multimedia guy" in your local community.
    Local bands and musicians are another well of talent that can be tapped. Besides starting a dialog about the music, many of these up and coming groups are often looking to develop a better Web presents.. like... maybe a Web site?
    Best wishes,
    EfV

Well it looks like you've been underwhelmed with response to this one.
    Yep! Thanks for the sympathy.

You make some really good points. Tapping in to local talents could put a fresh appeal on an old practice, and it would be a great opportunity to network (and trade services).

However, if I'm just fooling around with a few personal projects, I probably won't go to that extent to get music.

Thread Information