www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] focus in firefox trouble

Hybrid View

resolved [RESOLVED] focus in firefox trouble

Hi!

I'm trying to use an onclick event on a link to make the page scroll down to a <td> which is labeled with an id.
    HTML Code:
    <td id="<?php echo $objectnr; ?>..........</td>
    To do this I am using this on the link:
    Code:
    <td onclick="javascript:document.getElementById(\''.$objectnr.'\').focus()" width="15%" align="left" bgcolor="'.$bg_color.'">
    		<a onmouseover="javascript:this.style.cursor=\'hand\'"> <u><font color="#000000">'.$row["objectnr"].'</font></u></a></td>
    As you can see I also want the cursor to change to a hand when being over the objectnumber. Dont worry about the php you see in there, it is taken care of since the whole thing is within a php echo.
    Before I used to link down with a normal <a href="#q1">Link</a>, but that did not work in Firefox, so now I tried the above code...

The problem:
    This works perfectly in IE but it just wont work with Firefox!
    What do I do wrong?

At a first glance:
    Code:
    <td onclick="javascript:document.getElementById(\''.$objectnr.'\').focus()" width="15&#37;" align="left" bgcolor="'.$bg_color.'">
    		<a onmouseover="javascript:this.style.cursor=\'hand\'"> <u><font color="#000000">'.$row["objectnr"].'</font></u></a></td>
    The syntax is :

<element onevent="function()">
    or
    <element onevent="statements">

And the CSS correct attribute for the cursor is "pointer", not "hand"

pointer works, but not the focus

Hi!

Now the cursor changer works fine in firefox, thanks, but I would like the focus thing to work too.

Code this far:
    Code:
    echo '<td onclick="javascript:document.getElementById(\''.$objectnr.'\').focus()" width="15&#37;" align="left" bgcolor="'.$bg_color.'">

<a onmouseover="javascript:this.style.cursor=\'pointer\'"><u><font color="#000000">'.$row["objectnr"].'</font></u></a></td>';
    Remainder: The cursor works in both firefox and IE, but the focus isn't working, what do I do?

Just shooting in the dark here, but maybe the element is being focused, but not brought into view. Have you tried using scrollIntoView?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...30(VS.85).aspx

resolved solved

Thank you! Your shot into the dark worked and the best way to fix the code to work in both IE and FF is as following:

Code:
    		echo '<td onclick="javascript:document.getElementById(\''.$objectnr.'\').scrollIntoView(true)" width="15%" align="left" bgcolor="'.$bg_color.'">
    		<a onmouseover="javascript:this.style.cursor=\'pointer\'"><u><font color="#000000">'.$row["objectnr"].'</font></u></a></td>';
    *note that the echo is part of php, and therefore you have variables like $objectnr in the code, and also slashes (\) before the ' symbol.

Thread Information