dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: I'm having problems getting my site live, not sure what's up?

I'm having problems getting my site live, not sure what's up?

So I'm obviously new to this all but I'm eager to learn.
    I bought a domain name and hosting from 1&1. I've done some research and I'm using FileZilla to try and upload some basic files to the host. What's the process of actually getting these files live? I've got my index.html in the directory, how do you actually go about getting the browser to display that index.html file?
    Any information is welcome.

Look up domain name propagation. Depending on when you bought your domain name this may be the reason. Your host should have given you a "temporary address" to use while getting things up and running.
    In dog beers I've only had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin2 View Post
    Look up domain name propagation. Depending on when you bought your domain name this may be the reason. Your host should have given you a "temporary address" to use while getting things up and running.
    According the to Global DNS Propagation Checker everything is up and running.

Are you sure you uploaded your files to the correct folder? Should be something like htdocs or public_html or similar.

There was no directory to upload it to..

Are the nameservers set up correctly? In other words, does your domain name point to your host?

More possible help:
    https://help.1and1.com/

Awesome, thanks for your help. It's all sorted out.

Recheck if you have place your files in the proper directory. If you use your main domain, the files should be in your root directory otherwise if you use a subdomain, the files should be in their right subdirectory. After checking the files, you can proceed to pointing the nameservers of your domain to 1and1. Login to your domain registrar and chance the dns settings to:
    DNS1: ns-us.1and1-dns.com
    DNS2: ns-us.1and1-dns.us
    DNS3: ns-us.1and1-dns.de
    DNS4: ns-us.1and1-dns.org

Awesome, I just recently got the same problem... And this is really helpful, Thanks....

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

Thread Information