www.webdeveloper.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which hosting services do you like and why?

Quote Originally Posted by adumpaul View Post
    SEO is the process of making web pages easy to findand easy to categorize.In SEO, there are two important aspects which is crucial to any SEO campaign. These are the on-page SEO and off-page SEO. On-page SEO involves a number of techniques which is aimed to make a website more “search engine friendly”, while off-page SEO are those techniques which involves getting links from other websites as well as techniques which are aimed to build-up a website’s reputation in their own industry.
    How may I ask is this related to the thread?
    space
    Orchid Technical Services
    Website Design/Development and Technical Support

i use . TheWebPole.com I must say, it is VERY impressive and reliable thus far. It is also very cheap, and you get he hosting for free when you sign up for domains.

Here are some of the features:
    UNLIMITED Hosting Space
    UNLIMITED Site Bandwidth
    Host UNLIMITED Domains
    Unlimited Pop / Imap Email Accounts
    SSH Access (Secure Shell)
    SSL, FTP, Stats
    CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MYSQL
    Front Page Extensions
    Free hosting Forever
    Free Site Builder
    Best Support in the Industry
    Domain comes with hosting
    Only $7 / month.
    Last edited by franklinn; 11-03-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Bluehost

I actually like to use Bluehost.com they have unlimited domains and unlimted space for only 3.95 a month. You cant beat that with 24/7 support. All my websites are hosted there. They and hostmonster are the same company and both are great

Before choosing any web hosting company, people should not forget to read the TOS and SLA of the company. There are many restrictive things you are not informed about before signing up with them. The TOS and SLA helps you to avoid future problems. Secondly, one should always opt for a company which is available 24/7 for you through multiple channels. Support is the most important thing for any business in a hard time.

I think the "problem" is that there are so many that will work just fine. I would definitely recommend a large company to a smaller, unless the company offers hosting as part of a package. I suppose the best way to approach it is to find others who've built similar sites and see with whom they are hosting. If they're satisfied, they'll likely be a suitable host for you.

I have seen people be way overpriced. I've seen people paying over $1000 a year for hosting that shouldn't cost more than $60 a year. Sometimes the buyers justify it by saying that they offer 24/7 support, or offer advice and services that are unique, but most web hosts offer that kind of service.

Nothing's free. Every penny you save is coming out of hardware, customer service, or both. I've made my way through several companies on shared hosting and VPS plans -- all of which were ultimately a huge disappointment.

Spammers would eventually take over a box, you'd see performance problems on your site, and after jumping through customer service hoops, you'd eventually reach someone who spoke enough english to understand the problem, could suspend the spammer's account, but ultimately couldn't prevent it from happening again.

I'd say, either find something free or super-cheap, or pay for virtual or dedicated hosting at rackspace, amazon, or colo at a local ISP.
    Jon Wire

thepointless.com | rounded corner generator

I agree with Apple. Flash is just terrible.

Use CODE tags!

Quote Originally Posted by DeveloperBill View Post
    How may I ask is this related to the thread?
    It isn't. The problem is, webdeveloper a while back was infested by a load of foreign bobs who either spam or make no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by svidgen View Post
    I'd say, either find something free or super-cheap, or pay for virtual or dedicated hosting at rackspace, amazon, or colo at a local ISP.
    I use a free host, no ads, good bandwith, allows php, etc. Perfectly happy.
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code, fix one bug, compile it again ... 101 little bugs in the code

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

and my host is...

I use MochaHost and their service is quite reliable. Their online database support is quick, I know because with some of the services I offer, hundreds of database lookups and copious PHP processing gets done on one submission, plus they give me a lot of unlimited stuff.

You may notice that when you host on some hosts your pages are indexed more rapidly than other hosts. With MochaHost my pages are indexed within a few days. Besides they let me keep ".exe's" on my site whereas other hosts flatly refuse to accept that format, even WinZip self-extracting ones.

I noticed a lot of people complain about how slow their host response is, but oftentime they neglect to factor in the gateways to their browser. If you think your host is slow do some timing tests to calculate how much time it takes to process a script.
    Knowledge is that which can be shown to be the case, and Intelligence is the method one uses to deploy the demonstration of what is the case, everything else is Information.

For a stronger Text reading try:
    http://www.wyc3.com/diction.php

Quote Originally Posted by aj_nsc View Post
    Can't say enough good things about ICDsoft.com - especially they're unbelievable 24/7/365 support (most questions are literally answered within 10 minutes). Some of the support staff (not all) will even offer you help to debug custom (built by you) server-side scripts. Check them out, they're a fantastic service with >99.9% uptime across all their servers and very reasonably priced in my opinion.
    yup, me too, I've been using them for years with excellent service.

DotEasy.com in Canada

For myself and a couple of clients, who are mainly displaying samples of artwork and do not need server-side scripting or database, http://www.doteasy.com is very satisfactory. Of course, they have several plans that offer server-side scripting and database, but the FREE hosting they offer when you register your URL through them is great. With their "Buddy system," you can increase the 100MB storage space to 1000MB.

I have only one website and hosted at hostgator…and I am really happy with them….I really like their customer support…I had some serious problem with my htaccess file….I added a www before my domain name and made a big mistake in my htaccess file and had terrible problem with google….and finally hostgator support team solve the problem for me….so very satisfy with their package and service….
    Domain Name Generator Tool – Generate Thousands of Keyword Rich & Catchy Domains Using 180 Word Groups.

I am using addora.com hosting, I like their customer support and pricing, their 24\7 support works I've checked and always was answered in live-chat, they answered my tickets in 1-2 hours
    Support team always salved my problems.
    here are some of their advantages:
    Free Domain Name (with every hosting plan)
    CMS Is Included(with every hosting plan)
    Secure Infrastructure
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Affordable Web Hosting Packages
    Great Promotions

I like HostGator, it is the most popular hosting company and it is used by lots of people.

It is affordable, secure and and it has too many features as well.
    Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
    Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
    Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me

My Vote Goes to Godaddy

Yes I have faced issues, but customer support is always ready with answers
    Sharing Information Easily and Quickly is Best Done in Forums

Web Design Goa

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCarver01 View Post
    Yes I have faced issues, but customer support is always ready with answers
    The problem with that is that you always need support. Sure, they might have answers, but they're answers to questions you shouldn't have had to ask in the first place. They're really the only hosts I've actually had trouble with. Everything else is pretty easy, especially Site5 and 1and1. Besides, GoDaddy doesn't have a live chat (which they really need), a toll-free number (advertised), and their email responses usually take a day. that wouldn't be so bad if you didn't seed them all the time.

Thread Information