www.webdeveloper.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which hosting services do you like and why?

I am currently using Hostgator over past couple years and so far the hosting has been stable and support is good. They have affordable plans as well around about $10 per month to host unlimited domains.

Well i like web-solutions.eu, I get lots of international tlds around the world. I like their trustee service.

I used a hosting company based in Nigeria. Seems like they are using shared host or so, and their fee is very friendly. The company is Smartwebng.

BigRock.in is great. I have many websites on BigRock.in and they are running smoothly.

I use HostGator because it is too popular, secure and reliable.... customer support is also too good.
    Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
    Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
    Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me

I've been a BigRock user for a few years now and I'm pretty satisfied with them.

Their prices and promotions are quite budget friendly, and I never had any downtime problems with them.

Thanks

I own my web hosting services company uptime 99.9% must try.

Cant go wrong with Bluehost. Been pretty much issue less.

Godaddy's servers are too slow and restrictive. Support is run by clueless rednacks.

Hostgator is just plain HORRIBLE! I mean seriously Ive had HORRIBLE HORRIBLE experiences with Hostgator.

I'm mostly a dedicated or VPS kind-of guy. For the longest time I used eSecureData because they offered unmetered dedicated hosts at very reasonable prices. I still highly recommend them.

My finances have been a bit akilter the past year, so I had to downgrade to a VPS and have been using a company called AfterBurst. For the price of most shared hosts I'm able to have a proper VPS with a serious case of "hands off".

For me, I don't want shared hosting, or even "managed" hosting. I want FULL control over what's installed, running and how it was installed. I want full unrestricted root access to the OS; I don't want handholding, I want them to keep the **** out and leave my blasted settings alone. I want my own update cycle to stay with the latest PHP instead of spending years on old outdated versions and the security holes that go with it... "managed" hosting be it shared, VPS or even dedicated just doesn't provide that.

Admittedly, my choices are "not for everyone" since NOTHING other than a baseline OS is set up for you (and you can ask to KVM in and DIY even that). You want apache, dovecot, ngnix, php, mysql, ISPConfig, whatever -- YOU have to install it and set it up.

Which is why I like the two companies I mentioned, they let me do that. EVERYTHING software-side is in my hands, not theirs. Only thing that's their responsibility is the hardware -- and in the case of a VPS the hypervisor.

Though good for a laugh, It seems like my VPS with Afterburst is faster than my dedicated at eSecureData was.
    Java is to JavaScript as Ham is to Hamburger.

Thread Information