www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need some ideas or a point in the right direction

Need some ideas or a point in the right direction

Hi there,

I've got myself a little dilemma, i am building a mini wysiwyg editor which is used to create a letter and then convert it into a PDF to be printed.

I am using tinymce for my richtext editor and this is embedded into my textareas. The textareas are dynamic and a user can add extra textareas with a click of a button.

These textarea values need to be constantly saved in the database (it does not do this at the moment), instead it I am saving them in the database when ever the form which these textareas sit in gets submitted. This form includes the method of adding new textareas and also a delete button. At the moment I am reading the POST values of the new textarea title (each textarea has a title attached to it) to be able to determine if its the user wanted to delete a textarea or add a new one.

As you can tell its very mess at the moment, so could anyone suggest any bright ideas upon me to improve it.

I've read up a bit on Ajax but not really sure if it could solve the problem, if thats the case please refer me to some examples or tutorials.

Thanks in advance,
    Ruski

why would you want to have the values submit to the database constantly?

Jerico, I think he is looking to "Auto Save" the document at regular intervals.

Thread Information