www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Dreamweaver crash during creation of site cache

Dreamweaver crash during creation of site cache

I was using DW MX 2004 Education on Windows 2000 before when this would occur. I had no previous site definitions. I thought this was a 2000 issue so I waited on my new PC to arrive, which would be loaded with XP. I installed MX 2004 and had the same problem. I used the updates suggested by Adobe to no avail. So then, I uninstalled this version and installed version 8. I had the same problem with 8 and it's updates.

I don't get a dialog message upon the crash. It creates the cache, meaning that the scan goes all the way to the right and then freezes up ... everytime. Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do to get around this?

Wink problems are always there

a few month ago i faced the same problem untill when i decided to look for another place were by i could design site ,i think may be you should check well your setting .

If this is happening on 2 of your PC's and with both versions I think the problem may not be within the software but what else are you running on your computer?

Have you loaded any additional fonts or Screen/Desktop Mod type programs.?
    Compguy Pete
    The Benevolent Administrator

No child should have to deal with a Brain Stem Tumor...
    http://www.OneAna.com

My company uses Novell Utilities. Could there be a conflict? I am not using any additional fonts within the site that I am trying to cache.

THis may sound like a lot of work but can you try it at home? Perhaps just downloading the trial version and installing that to see if the same thing happens.

Or do you have the Novell software installed at home as well? It shouldn't be the problem but I wouldn't rule it out yet.
    Compguy Pete
    The Benevolent Administrator

No child should have to deal with a Brain Stem Tumor...
    http://www.OneAna.com

I found a smart solution for Dreamweaver CS3: just rename the directory of the web site you were working on. Launch Dreamweaver and switch to the site that crashed the application. Go in 'site settings' and disable the cache.
    That's it!
    Good work!
    Massimo

Thumbs up Thanks!

This works also in CS4. Thanks for taking time to post this! It saved me days of frustration.

Win

Thread Information