www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Running PHP Script in dreamweaver

Running PHP Script in dreamweaver

Hi guys, let me start off by saying that im a complete noob I bought dreamweaver cs4 a few months ago and since then have developed a pretty cheesy looking site. I decided to add some functionality to the site by allowing users to create a profile and upload photos to the site. After searching high and low I found a PHP Image Gallery, Photo / Images upload script at psi-labs that (I thought) looked quite simple. The intructions looked like this-

1.) Upload all files to server.
    2.) Setup database and create table using gallery_system.sql file into phpmyadmin.
    3.) chomd images_files permission to 777
    4.) edit config.php file and put database details to it.
    5.) Run script u r done.

I successfully completed the first four steps however when coming across number 5 I don't know where to start. I'm familiar with PHP but have no idea what "run script" means or what I should do next. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks -J

Do you have a file list? Normally this would be done with a single setup.php file or install.php or something similar.

Do you have your database setup on your local machine or on a live server? Usually the script has a "install.php" file or something similar. So if you have the site live then you would just go to the install.php url through your browser's address bar and it should launch the installer. It would be the same if you have it installed locally too you would just need to know the full path. If your not sure how to launch the script that a look at the scripts install guide. It usually will say how to launch it. For example...

http://yoursiteurl.com/script_name/install.php

or

http://localhost/script_name/install.php

Hope that helps ; )

Hmm. Running a public subscription photo gallery lays you open to security issues, so I use coppermine, which has a bunch of guys looking after it who are hot on that sort of thing. It has clear installation instructions, backed up by an excellent support forum where people who really know the package will help you.

Coppermine

Thanks alot guys! Ya I kinda figured it wasn't the best choice. Does coppermine allow users to upload photos? -J

Quote Originally Posted by Freefaller View Post
    Thanks alot guys! Ya I kinda figured it wasn't the best choice. Does coppermine allow users to upload photos? -J
    Yes, up to 5 at a time.

Thread Information