dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How can I charge people for access to my video?

How can I charge people for access to my video?

I want to put a video online. However, I want people to pay me before they view it. Once they pay, they should be able to view it as many times as they wish. What is an easy way to do this?

Can I do this using PayPal, ZenCart, eBay, simple PHP functions? Anything like that?

Thanks,
    Multi

Add the password in the website. I think you must add some scipt in it.

Hmmmm, whats the project first? As you may be starting to stray in to an abyss of legal issues that you may not be aware of...

It is worth considering existing services to host your requirements. Depending on your site material and who owns copyright, if you are using say video of people involved in silly incidents or accidents for example, the person who shot the film is entitled to royalties from your revenues of selling access to it as well as that, you have to remember that you need the persons permission to use the clip as they have copyright control over it.

If you get your streams off other sites like YouTUBE, you will find hidden in the small print something on ownership of the material. Bit like Facebook and anything you upload to facebook becomes the property of facebook.

So beware of what your attempting to do as you could be opening up Pandora's knicker draw, once it is open... the rest is history.

Ok, to clarify...

Let's say a friend is selling a video he made. It's already legal. To make business easier, he wants to sell it online instead of making DVDs and distributing them. Is there any way to do that easily?

I would suggest that you use an established business to upload your video who can provide all the tools you need to collect payments, etc..

If you were to do this DIY, how do you propose to collect payments through an established business or through your website?
    Your servers, where are you hosting them a professional host or from your own computer?

Thread Information