dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help installing thread

Help installing thread

Hi guys,

I have a very basic html site that I am trying to install a simple PHP script on.

Could someone download my attached file (site + script) and make it work?
    Or provide me better instructions then those provided.

Example.zip

Your help is much appeciated.

Sorry there big guy. I'm a bit security conscious so I didn't download your possible virus.

Reported for review.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Freejack View Post
    Sorry there big guy. I'm a bit security conscious so I didn't download your possible virus.

Reported for review.

Carl
    Norton finds nothing suspicious in it, FYI, contains files that would seem to match what the OP describes.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    Norton finds nothing suspicious in it, FYI, contains files that would seem to match what the OP describes.
    That's fine. Like I said, I'm a bit of a suspicious type. It's kept me virus free, well always

Carl

Freejack:

Firstly if your nick is from that awesome movie by the same name, WICKED.

That was my favorite movie for over a decade!

Secondly, surely an up to date antivirus makes you totally safe?

Anyhow...

Sam - over and out

Yep, it's from the Mick Jagger movie I also play Role Playing Games, specifically Shadowrun which is a Cyberpunk type game.

And yep. But at work, while they do have an anti-virus suite installed, I never trust it to be 100% up to date or even to function correctly. Humans and common sense are still the best Anti-Virus tool.

Comes from being a computer geek for some time now

Sorry about that.

Carl

No worries Freejack,

Your being at work I TOTALLY understand.

At home though, with just free products I feel totally safe:
    ZoneAlarm Firewall
    AVG antivirus
    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware & Spyware

Three tools that really do their stuff.

The only thing now though is.. there doesnt seem to be a tool or person who can help me with this simple installation!

The guys who wrote the script doesnt respond to email.

and this forum is majorly quiet.. or does no one help noobs?

It's more a matter of luck, rather than anything as silly as how new you are to the forum or web development in general. Being lucky enough for someone that has the appropriate knowledge about your problem to read your thread and offer a solution. That's why good thread titles are so important. Someone is much more likely to look inside your thread if the title sounds like something they are interested in and might be able to help with. I, for example, decided to have a look because the thread title sounded like you might have been having problems installing PHP its self. Have you made sure that PHP is actually available and working on your host?
    I'm thuper, thanks for asking.

It lives! http://www.stephenphilbin.com/ (Well it kinda' does anyway).
    My portable colour selection tool

Quote Originally Posted by Freejack View Post
    Humans and common sense are still the best Anti-Virus tool.
    Aside from Unix

PHP is running fine.

Also the latest is that I'm now using the test.php page, although I've swapped in my adsense code instead of theirs.

The page is coming up fine and so it the adsense.

However: no matter how many times I click the adsense ads(I tried three times, more might ban me), the alternate is not being shown.

Perhaps I did something wrong or just dont understand how the shield works.

Help anyone?

Sam

ps: The best would be if someone just set it up to work and I could study it afterwoods. I been working on this for almost a week now. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindzai View Post
    Aside from Unix
    That's the common sense part I was talking about (I generally surf from a Mac ).

Carl

As to help, what are you trying to do? Why did you install the ADSENSE directory? It looks like it's supposed to take over Google Adsense pages and put in alternate ads.

You have three ways to do this:

1. Rename your .html file to .php and add the "require" line to the .php file at the top. Make sure shield.php is in the root of your web server or that the path includes the subdirectory.

2. If you can't rename your .html files for some reason, create a .htaccess file in the same directory as your .html file and add the .html extension to the extensions that php can run (so when someone opens index.html, php runs it instead of the web server). You still need to add the "require" line in number 1.

3. If you can't add the "require" line, create the .htaccess file in the root directory and add a prepend line. This will prepend the shield.php script to all .html files.

I think number 3 is probably the easiest if you have a bunch of .html files. If I recall correctly, the info in .htaccess files pass down subdirectories but I haven't used them much so someone might correct me.

Carl

I've tried it and can't get it to work.

After following the instructions:
    1. I put the shield.php file in the root
    2. I put the test.php file in the root
    3. I changed the adsense in the test.php file to my own
    4. No matter how many times I click the adsense ads(I did it three times) the ads still show.

Is it not supposed to show the alternate?

Thread Information