www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to Submit Dynamically Generated Form Fields

How to Submit Dynamically Generated Form Fields

OK I have a form created....but before the submit button and the </form> tab, I have a div box that is dynamically generating additional form fields....some text, some check boxes, and even some hidden fields....

Those fields are appended into the div box right there on the page when someone clicks options on the right side of the screen.

For instance, if they click on the link on the right that says "Add Class", the onClick dynamically creates a text field for them to put their class name into.

So how can I get that newly added field to submit with the rest of the form?

I dont think showing code is necessary because the forms show on my page....but if you need me to...let me know which part you want to see.

Form Submit

Looks to me like as long as the additional fields are withing the opening and closing Form tags it shouldn't be a problem.

Unless you also want to verify the contents of these form fields.
    If that is the case then you will have to write some dynamic code which checks for the existence of the unknown form fields and if they exist validate them.

Ken
    www.webdesigntips-foreveryone.com

Thread Information