www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How can I make a hidden audio player?

How can I make a hidden audio player?

I write Chinese lessons and I want to make it possible for my students to click on a word and hear its pronunciation with vectoring them off to another window. Can anyone suggest how to do that?

Thanks
    Eric

correction

I meant to say: without vectoring them off to another window

a good opensource option is to use an ogg player. The Vorbis site has all that you need.
    Wikipedia uses the ogg format for all of its audio.
    Enjoy!
    ...but stupidity is terminal.

Ogg is a compression format. I am trying to understand how to make an Mp3 player. I didn't find anything about players on that site.

Wow... gave you an example of where it is used and all you had to do was look at any Wikipedia page with audio! You really didn't look at the Vorbis site very well.

Maybe THIS STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL will help you out. You would have found this and many more had you bothered to look.
    Enjoy!

Nice! Thanks!

I am grateful that, in spite of your low opinion of me, you responded with help. But please allow me to correct some misperceptions.

First, I did search the Vorbis site and found nothing. I must have been looking for the wrong keywords because all I found was information about compression formats. So I suppose I didn't search it well enough, but it wasn't for not trying

The second thing is that I have no idea how to search wikipedia for a page with audio on it. I did search wikipedia for Vobis and ogg, but I found nothing. I did find an example on the tutorial page you just mentioned, and I like it. Can you tell me how to find a wikipedia page with audio?

Anyway, I am grateful for you patience, but your assertion that I didn't "bother to look" is simply not true.

came across a simple out of the box option for you--- WordPress Audio Player
    and a goodie that makes it easy to embed it into your php pages class.splay

Both are Open Source and free as in beer.

Nice! Thanks

Thread Information