www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Simple Pop up

Simple Pop up

I've searched but everything is not what I'm looking or way too complicated..

I would like to click on words in a Paragraph:
    "In Oskosh there are three regional Bulletin boards, where you can find........."

I would like to be able to click on the underlined I would get a small pop up window with a sentence on each BB and a link to it.

That's all - simple little pop up (but complicated for me)

-Sandy

[resolved]

HTML Code:
    <a href="#" onClick="window.open('three-regional-bulletin-boards.html','mywindow','width=400,height=710,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,copyhistory=no,resizable=yes,left=600,top=50,screenX=600,screenY=50')" title="There are three regional bulletin boards in Oshkosh">Three Regional Bulletin Boards</a>.
    Of course, put the real URL of your page where I have put "three-regional-bulletin-boards.html"

Thank you

Yes, that did the trick, Just what I was looking for.

Thanks

Sandy

PS for the window I am opening. I use the below

<script LANGUAGE="javascript">
    <!-- defines size of window -->
    function ScreenSize(w,h){
    window.resizeTo(w,h);
    }
    </script>

</head>
    <body background="AirClouds.jpg">
    <body onload="javascript:void window.ScreenSize(300,300); ">

OOP''s

donatello,

I may have spoken prematurely. Your code worked fine on a "small" test page unaware of a problem I would have on my real "larger" page.

The popup link is a bit down the page and when I click on it it Pops up on top of the page.

Is there anyway of opening it up without moving the user to the top of the page?

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by motuiti View Post
    donatello,

I may have spoken prematurely. Your code worked fine on a "small" test page unaware of a problem I would have on my real "larger" page.

The popup link is a bit down the page and when I click on it it Pops up on top of the page.

Is there anyway of opening it up without moving the user to the top of the page?

Sandy
    Yep.

Include; return false in the event handler.
    HTML Code:
    <a href="#" onClick="window.open('three-regional-bulletin-boards.html','mywindow','width=400,height=710,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,copyhistory=no,resizable=yes,left=600,top=50,screenX=600,screenY=50'); return false;" title="There are three regional bulletin boards in Oshkosh">Three Regional Bulletin Boards</a>.

That's it......

Thanks again, It's up and running
    Sandy

Thread Information