www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: HTML/Java code help! Very difficult!

HTML/Java code help! Very difficult!

A few questions about the "random html page" code:

Is there a way I can have percentages/odds/chances for each random page to be displayed?

And, once someone is displayed any of these pages, is it possible to block their IP address from viewing that page until 24 hours?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by bugboyandy View Post
    A few questions about the "random html page" code:
    What "random html page" code are you referring to? I'm new here, perhaps I've missed something.

Is there a way I can have percentages/odds/chances for each random page to be displayed?
    How many pages are there? If you had 10 pages and true randomness, then it stands to reason that over time each page would have a 10% chance of being displayed.

And, once someone is displayed any of these pages, is it possible to block their IP address from viewing that page until 24 hours?
    Have a look at the HTTP header: REMOTE_ADDR. However this is not reliable, is easily spoofed and is often the address of a proxy server thus potentially blocking other users behind said proxy.

Thanks for the response and assistance!
    The random page code I am referring to can be viewed and explaination here:
    http://javascript.internet.com/navig...ndom-page.html

Despite the thread title, this is a Javascript, not a Java coding problem - and nothing to do with HTML, which is what this section of the forum supports. Personally, I have no instant reply, since I don't use Javascript much. I would think you would have a much better chance of a quick answer if you posted your question in the javascript section.

Thread Information