dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: forum template like this one...

Lightbulb forum template like this one...

Hello, where do i find a template like this one everybody is using for my own website, i'm using frontpage 2000 and i'm a beginner (2~ months). i've seen a few other sites with the same set up. will it be too complicated for me? i have a buddy that know's a little about script and html so maybe he can help if you guys can point me in the direction or just tell me how.

thanks in advance...www.zacherfamily.com

wow. dont use frontpage.

use notepad to make your website. (or htmlkit @ http://www.chami.com/html-kit )

learn how to make the site using www.w3schools.com and www.alistapart.com that is your first step.

then ask questoins on here. TIPS: use CSS, DIV's, and SPANs. if you dont know what those are, check out www.w3schools.com and if you dont find your answers there then ask here.

Also: about forums, if your host supports PHP, then checkout www.phpbb.com for some free forums that are easy to install and configure.

Yeah,

Yeah, I agree, start with the basics, and use notepad, or wordpad (if your on a PC, if on a mac use simpletext)...then if you get more audacious, I would go to something like macromedia studio mx...but frontpage...well, if you don't want to learn anything, I would say use frontpage...it's more made for the person that wants to make a site with absolutely no experience...

Thread Information