www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How do i do this?

How do i do this?

Okay so here's what i'm trying to do. I would like to incorporate a tv guide as part of a page on my website. I would like to implement this by putting a frame from a tv listing site into my page. Only listings for several channels would be relevant to the visitors on my site, so instead of putting tv listings from all channels, I only want to put up listings for certain channels. I've found a website that generates a tv guide, and allows you to customize it choosing what channels you want to see listings for and which you don't. It ties these preferences to a username and password.

Now here's the actual question. Is there any way to make sure that when the frame loads the tv guide site that it's logged in with my username and password? I was trying to do it using a cookie but someone told me it's better to do it on the server side. What does that entail?

The easiest is to connect to the TV listing site in a Java class and connect as you there and then parse the information from the website and sendt it out though a servlet.

could you elaborate a little more?

You create a servlet which connects to the TV listing ste logging on as you and read the content of the page. The retrieved content you just strait forward out to the servlet.

Thread Information