www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Just starting out.

Just starting out.

What do you guys write HTML in? I was going to just use notepad but a few people told me about ColdFusion and TopStyle2. I just wanted to know what most people use before I make a decision.
    Sei konnten mich nie verstehen.

I right my HTML code in Windows Notepad, the most advanced text editing program.

I used to use Notepad or Wordpad too, just the lack of indentation made it really annoying. I use html-kit now

Homesite 4.0 or MS Visual Studio or Notepad or MS FrontPage (in that order of preference)
    smurfy
    here to learn.
    'Puter not working right?
    See us at VirtualDr.

I don't write HTML although I write, PHP (PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) Language, eXtensible HyperText Markup Language (XHTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) in notepad.

If I am being lazy I might use an IDE like HTML-Kit, or XML Spy for eXtensible Markup Languague (XML) based editing.

I've become rather fond of HTML Kit, especially the new build. It's tweaked for XHTML and I've downloaded a plug in or two that makes working in XML a little easier.

Anything that makers working in XML easier is generally good, it didn't help when I first looked at XML a long while back and did not realise the Micro$oft browser was using the MSXML Working Draft parser.

Thread Information