dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Windows Live contact history XML issue?

Windows Live contact history XML issue?

G'day there I was just trying to open up an XML document of one of my Windows Live Messenger contacts chat history in IE and I'm getting the follow line.

quote:The XML page cannot be displayed
    Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Nic/My Documents...

<Message Date="7/29/2009" Time="5:48:24 PM" DateTime="2009-07-29T08:18:24.953Z" SessionID="69"><From><User Fr...
    ?html dir="ltr"> Date Time From To Message
    <tbody

Just wondering if there a way to alleviate this issue so I can see the history inside it again?

Could be an issue with the element names or attribute names. Also could be an ampersand issue where you should have &amp instead of just the &.

So would I go about doing that??

I also tired opening in firefox and got this line of text.

XML Parsing Error: unclosed token
    Location: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Nic/My%20Documents/My%20Received%20Files/orc_in_a_fork1969770398/History/pandy_pwincess1323708564.xml
    Line Number 59, Column 44829:

Thread Information