www.webdeveloper.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [RESOLVED] How to get JavaScript to generate os variables for my HTML form?

Question

Uploaded the .js file. Now its totally blank.

hmm... maybe add another loop? (trying to talk like a pro lol)

Lol that figures I'll take a look

grrr... another misplaced character....

Ok, got the horseshoes, 4 leaf clovers and leprechauns out and crossing fingers again....

If this doesn't work, perhaps you can create for me access via FTP to just the scripts folder which the valid.js file is in and msg it to me... That way I can run and edit it directly from Dreamweaver and get it running perfectly in like 5-10 minutes with some debugging scripts.
    Attached Files Attached Files

James I agree...I can set one up for you... but hang on... I think this one is working... I'm doing it again to double check.

Can you check from your side as well? (awwww man now I'm getting excited)

Yeah it looks like it's working like a champ! And it doesn't add the inputs till after the form validates, so it won't double it up if they fail validation

Thumbs up Its finally Working!!!! THANK YOU JAMES

James,

It's working because you worked at it like a champion.

There are 2 little things that I was wondering if its happening because of the JavaScript:

Did you notice that sometimes it takes more than a minute to load the PayPal page after hitting the submit button. Is this happening on your side?

On the PayPal page all the add-ons that you select are displayed including their price but now beside each sign there is a weird character such as below:

Code:
    Special: Insert background (£3.99)
    Special: Cartoonise your photo (£4.99)
    Special: Robotize your photo (£5.99)
    Special: Panorama photo effects (£6.99)
    Special: Spot light (£7.99)
    Any idea? Let me know.

Anyway despite the above too points I can still set this thread as resolved and I owe it all to you. I opened this thread just for the issue of not able to display add-ons chosen by customers. That issue is resolved and you have done it my friend.

And in case you change your mind, you are always welcome to send us your photo for retouching

Kind Regards

Rafi

I haven't seen it take a while to load yet. It could be DNS routing traffic congestion just for you, or something like that. But it should be fine tomorrow. If not, let me know, and we'll check on the script. But the script should take no more than about a quarter second to run, in addition to your previous script. Anyway, the page doesn't send off and start saying "Waiting for paypal.com...." until after the script is finished, so it's probably not related to the script.

It's most likely network related.

As for the £ problem, that's related to your page is set to UTF-8 charset, and it's misreading the ansii code. In place of all the £ signs in the checkbox labels, use
    [HTML]
    £
    [/CODE]

That should fix the problem. For reference, read this: http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm

And I'm glad to see it working! It makes me happy to finally have solved the problem. It's much easier if I can work directly with the server on projects like that, because I can do debugging and stuff so I have to fix it fewer times.

I'll be sure to send you a project if I've got one beyond my expertise! I'm actually working as a graphic designer and learning programming. My best subject was photoshop.

Anyway, thanks for the fun! let me know if you need anything else (especially projects that pay...hehe )

Thread Information