www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Iframe breakng ajax accordian control

Hybrid View

Iframe breakng ajax accordian control

this is a strange situation that is driving me insane.
    Here is my setup

Ive got an accordian control for menu in a ascx file on the left of the page.
    in in the middle I have another ascx control that has the default home page.
    Below that I have a hidden Iframe.

When an link in the menu is click javascript code runs to hide the menu ascx control and to show the Iframe.

That's how it should work atleast.
    What is happening is when a header in the menu is clicked to expand it just refreshes the page without expanding.
    However, if I put runat='server' in the Iframe the menu it works but in the initial page load the home page ascx control flashes and then disappears. If you resize the browser window it refreshes and flashes again.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Turns out that this was not what was breaking it.
    I have a div that when overflow is set to auto it hides itself when the page is loaded, if you resize the browser window it reappears.
    positioning on this div is absolute with the top,bottom, left and right set to a value so it should never be hidden.

any ideas?

Which accordion mechanism you used? Also you got a link for us to look at? Most likely the issue you're encountering is CSS and not .NET.

Thread Information