dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need to hire someone to set up a website

Need to hire someone to set up a website

I tried using the "freelancer" site, but it seems to formal. The job I need help with is not crisply defined at this point. Also I am uncomfortable with the bidding system.

I am planning website for teaching Asian languages. This website will display the lessons with audio, text and homework. I think this is a basic CMS job with some interesting features. Features includes: membership management, lesson authoring support, test and homework forms, and some interesting rendering of text and audio for displaying asian fonts and their phonetic representations. I prefer to use ExpressionEngine with some extensions.

I would appreciate suggestions on how to find a company or person to hire for this project.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mirgcire View Post
    I tried using the "freelancer" site, but it seems to formal. The job I need help with is not crisply defined at this point. Also I am uncomfortable with the bidding system.

I am planning website for teaching Asian languages. This website will display the lessons with audio, text and homework. I think this is a basic CMS job with some interesting features. Features includes: membership management, lesson authoring support, test and homework forms, and some interesting rendering of text and audio for displaying asian fonts and their phonetic representations. I prefer to use ExpressionEngine with some extensions.

I would appreciate suggestions on how to find a company or person to hire for this project.

Thanks!
    Using a freelance website ensures that you are getting best deal and your money is protected until the project is delivered to you to your satisfaction.
    We are interested to take this project .

You can also look at some LMS (learning management systems, or e-learning) applications that are already existing. There are some for many different languages and such and it should just be a matter of finding the one that fits your needs the best.

Hi criterio9,

Thanks for mentioning LMS, I have been googling for a couple hours and I still can get the big picture on these systems .... but there sure are a lot of them:

Element-K - provide services to government, hospitals, etc. (no pricing)
    E-Learning - min $250 per month
    SyberWorks - Looks like a huge company (no pricing)
    IntraLearn - Hypothetically Affordable, but no pricing
    ELeap - starting a $125
    AbsorbAnywhere -
    ATutor - open source

Each of these, and another couple dozen providers as well, has tons of features so it is really difficult to see how they all compare.

Somehow though, I think these systems are designed for courses that are presented like powerpoint slide shows. Although that might be a good method of content delivery it is not currently the model we are using.

But thanks for pointing me in this direction.

Thread Information