www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How do I embed an mp4 in a website?

Hybrid View

How do I embed an mp4 in a website?

I need to embed an mp4 in a website. I don't have a choice... it needs to be mp4. I know it's not the best file type for this.

I would like to add controls to my mp4. How do I do this? Here is my current code:

Code:
    <?php
    echo '<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" WIDTH="650px" HEIGHT="360px" CODEBASE="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">';
    echo '<PARAM name="SRC" VALUE="videos/'.$thisFilename.'">';
    echo '<PARAM name="AUTOPLAY" VALUE="false">';
    echo '<PARAM name="CONTROLLER" VALUE="true">';
    echo '<EMBED SRC="videos/'.$thisFilename.'" WIDTH="650px" HEIGHT="360px" AUTOPLAY="false" CONTROLLER="true" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/">';
    echo '</EMBED>';
    echo '</OBJECT>';
    ?>
    This is php, but the HTML is the same. Apparently, setting Controller to True isn't working.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Does everything else works OK, the video plays fine, just the controls are missing?
    Have you tried the same code on a test html page to see if there is any difference?
    Do you have any other code for a QuickTime player that works on a different page?
    If QuickTime was more popular you could find a site that uses an embedded player like that and review their code.
    EfV

I understand that the file type has to be MP4 but is embedding it directly the only option? The best thing to do would be to use Flash handle this file type. Is Flash available?

Yes, that's a good idea. Where can I get a flash file that can do that? Are there any prebuilt file I could download? I have Flash, but I don't know the video features.

Anyone? Mqcarpenter, I like your suggestion. Do you know how I can get Flash to handle this?

Look into using a Flash player like JW Player:
    http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

I did look in to JW Player. Unfortunately, it will not suffice. Any others you could recommend?

Thread Information