www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Google maps stopping other Javascript

Google maps stopping other Javascript

Hi Developers,

Ok, so my knowledge of Javascript is very limited and I've come up with a problem. After finding some code for validating all fields in a form I implemented it into my website. I struggle for ages to find out why it wasnt working. I eventually found that taking out Google Maps onload="initialize()" from the <body> allowed the JS to work however the maps ceased to work. I was therefore wondering if anyone knew how to get around this problem and have both features in my website??

Thanks guys

if there is an error in the google map api part of the code that you wrote on the page, then definitely loading process will stop at the error which occurred; unless ur other js code is not written under the same scope, ur other js code won't be loaded

I eventually found that taking out Google Maps onload="initialize()" from the <body> allowed the JS to work however the maps ceased to work. I was therefore wondering if anyone knew how to get around this problem and have both features in my website??
    This would lead me to believe you have conflict somewhere with another script requiring an onload event. Try using the google GEvent to start the initialize function when the window has loaded:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    //this does not have to be in it's own script tags, 
    //could add in to the script where your initialize function is.
    GEvent.addDomListener(window, 'load', initialize);
    </script>
    Last edited by astupidname; 12-09-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Thread Information