dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Online Flash-based calendar with server-stored data?

Online Flash-based calendar with server-stored data?

Hi, i've been tasked with looking into the feasibility of creating a .swf that contains a working calendar where users can reserve a time-slot.

I am familiar with Flash and AS3, so I can handle figuring out the code to create a calendar, and allow users to navigate it and select a particular time slot.

I am also confident that i can have flash read an .xml or some external file containing data on which time slots are already reserved.

HOWEVER, I have no idea how to get flash to save to that same file when one user reserves a slot, so that it can be dynamically populated by the time slots all the users select. A bonus functionality would be live-updating of the reservations for all users as they are reserved.

After doing some searches, it sounds like I need a server-side script like ASP, SQL, coldFusion, or PHP to actually save the file, but I have zero experience with these languages and am lost as to where to start.

Which would be the best/easiest language to use for this flash-interaction, and what requirements does each have for the server it's run on?

I am hoping I can have it write out an updated .xml which the .swf reads and uses to populate its data arrays.

Thank you

Time slots boking calendar

Check here Time Slots Booking Calendar
    It's a great PHP calendar script. You can have the full source code; modifying will be a lot easier than starting from a scratch. Either way you can ask for custom changes.

Thread Information