dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Video and Swf help need to write some code in Javascript for them

Video and Swf help need to write some code in Javascript for them

Hello everyone,

I am working on a time sensitive project. Here is what i have and what i need to figure out.

1. I have a FLV video that needs to be played in a specific area of the website. Also in the same area there is supposed to be a swf image gallery to be played there also.

2. Is there a way to play the video and when it has finished remove it and play the swf files. I have tried a hidden layer but the video moves on different screens. I have also set a timer on the video so when it reached 2.1 mins the video would dissuasive.

I have thought about using XML and javascript either together or by themselves. I am looking for some guidance or some help with code.

Let me know if you can help.

I'm not sure how you would accomplish that with javascript. If you can't find any other way you should consider doing the whole thing in Flash. One .swf that can play both .flvs and also load in other .swfs, like image galleries. It will occupy just one space on the page and have easy to use controls, etc.
    For an example of a custom Flash player that plays both photo slide shows and flv video, all in the same space on the page.
    http://www.marunde-muscle.com/media_...ia_player.html
    All data comes in via xml.
    Of course your design may look completely different, just view this example as a "Proof of Concept".
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

Thread Information