www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Flash + navigation problem in IE?

Flash + navigation problem in IE?

Hi all,
    Just put up a website today, http://www.eiresim.com pretty new to html/css/flash etc. The flash slideshow at the top of the site works perfectly in firefox, but when i open the site in internet explorer, the navigation bar disappears? I'm sure there's a simple solution, but I cant find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

The problem with your menu is not the Flash part, though I agree, <object> and <embed> are not the correct way to place Flash on a Web page. It's also a good idea to place the Flash inside a <div> of it's own.
    The problem is with the <mainContent> riding up over the top of your menu. I'm not really sure why just yet, but see attached photo of IE with all the Flash commented out. The menu still isn't displayed correctly in IE. The 20 px top margin of <mainContent> is the only reasont the entire menu isn't covered.
    Oh, and the Products and FAQ links are missing the closing > for the <a href..
    If you find the solution before I do, let us know what it is, I'm curious...
    Good luck,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

Update:
    Looks like
    Code:
    #header { 
    	background: #DDDDDD;
    	width: 1000px;
    	height: 100px;
    }
    has a set height of 100, which is all used up by the image.
    Code:
    <div id="navcontainer">
    is also inside #header, causing the space problem. Remove the height or increase enough to include #navcontainer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Eye for Video; 12-17-2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: update

Thread Information