www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: text editor that converts html to CSS

text editor that converts html to CSS

Is there one?

I will add it to the feature list for my HTML Editor, Weberalla!

No, Learn css. CSS can do a lot more then html style wise but I mean what are you trying to convert, they act differently and do different things. Just learn how to do the stuff from somewhere like www.w3schools.org . There is no substitute for learning ccss so dont go trying to turn tables into maginally positioned divs etc.

I already know CSS but i was wondering if there was something that could turn an out dated web page that uses tables and convert it to css. It would save the trouble of doing it out by hand.

You would have to do it by hand because tables and css act differently. Also if there was a tool, would it make code that would work on many platforms? Would it look exactly the same? Most likely it would not because you do not position tables from the margin or from other elements like you do w/ css.

umm i think html kit dose

Originally posted by lakers01
    umm i think html kit does
    HTML-Kit only validates CSS, it doesn't convert HTML into CSS. The first developer who creates a program that can do this reliably will get rich.

The key word is reliably :P Lets see the program position the elements identically to the tabular format while creating its own hacks for ie5 and 5.5 and then being fluid so it will work at other resolutions Hey if a program could do that it would have saved me a bunch of time back in the day. Now I just need to redo all of the pages of my clans site with includes so I can ditch the iframe

Originally posted by starrwriter
    HTML-Kit only validates CSS, it doesn't convert HTML into CSS. The first developer who creates a program that can do this reliably will get rich.
    wtf i tried to day it dose k go under action-->tools-->convert to style sheet

that just takes all the CSS out of the page and puts it on a new page and saves that as the style sheet. smart one=P My layout is gonna be better than yours too! so ha! (dont post the addy's here lakers. dont want these peeps making fun of us for our stupid layouts just yet.)
    Theres this thing called imperfection. Its the one thing everyones got but nobody wants.

I.. HATE.. EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU! Why do.. I Love you? I HATE Everything about you! Why do I.. love you??? Everytime we lie awake... after every hit we take.. every feeling that i get.. but i haven't missed you yet. only when I stop to think about it... I.. HATE.. EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU! Why do.. I Love you? I HATE Everything about you! Why do I.. love you?

lol u jack that layout

ps well that in html-kit makes all things like your <font
    to css and other stuff

running a replace of
    <font size="11px" face="some font">fonted text</font>
    to
    <span style="font:11px some font;">fonted text</span>
    is not exactly changing a whole layout to css.

Originally posted by lakers01
    lol u jack that layout
    !!! I did not. I used one of bluerobots as a BASE but only cause it has the hacks that i need... and i left a note in the sourcode like bluerobot asks.
    Theres this thing called imperfection. Its the one thing everyones got but nobody wants.

I.. HATE.. EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU! Why do.. I Love you? I HATE Everything about you! Why do I.. love you??? Everytime we lie awake... after every hit we take.. every feeling that i get.. but i haven't missed you yet. only when I stop to think about it... I.. HATE.. EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU! Why do.. I Love you? I HATE Everything about you! Why do I.. love you?

Ive just put a function together that converts font tags to styles and puts them into the head of the document for the next version of Weberalla, but I was wondering what else would be good for html to css conversion? Layout is possible but is going to be difficult to implement.

Thread Information