dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Requesting help

Requesting help

Hello users of WebDeveloper forum.

I am planning to do a web browser game (text based with minor animations). Those who know what OGame, Ikariam, Tribal Wars and Travian are know what it is.
    The game will be very big and I am planning to put lots of effort in it.
    I basicly have the main idea of the game inside my head, some days ago I
    started to write everything on the paper to systemize everything and
    then put it on my forum where other people (that are working on this game)
    read and analyze it.
    The result I am striving for:

*The world of this game will be half ancient, half scifi (something similar to Samurai Jack). It means that technology has advanced so much that
    technology will be fused with biology. Tho the ancient part of the game remains giving mystical and adventurous aura to the game.

*Multilingual game.

*English (atleast) language of the game will be well presented, correct, clean, official (I have 1 person who is willing to help on this).

*Large scale of features.

*Multicontinental world, that has great contrast between graphical tones, atmospheres, playing styles, symbolism...continents will vary from deserts, jungles, seas to ashlands, icy land and others.

*Different continents has different studies and technologies, for example when ashland studies more warfare, then jungles study alchemy, magic and everything related.

*The world and continents of the game will have prologues, history, symbolism and everything else to make the game more real.

*Graphics will be blending, smooth, soft and relaxing. Graphics will be done by me, I love art.

I'm taking this game very seriously and the game would be surely competitive, if it would be ready.
    So I need a person who can do web programming of different types, who wants to create something good and see the result of their creation.
    Don't take this as a full time job or anything, none of the people making this
    game will be "professional"...but I'm a person with good critical thinking
    and high standards, so I will put as much effort into the game as I can.
    The game will not be released before it has been made sure to success.
    The time making this game is now known, because I don't know how many
    people are going to participiate in making it, but I don't rush it.
    So anyone who would be willing to help us when they have free time, is very
    appreciated.

With regards,

Reemet.

The theme of the game is either to rack up points by blowing away infidels, and taking over the world or, players go around curing mutants of their mental illness until the earth is lush and green.

Which is it, I can't put my heart into a project unless I can believe in it?

The game is RPG. You can play in 2 modes simultaneously. Build buildings and upgrade them, upgradings can take from 10 minutes to days and or even more, depending of how advanced your town already is. Researching technologies that can also take lots of time.
    Hiring or creating troops of all sort and then take offence agaisnt other players for benefits. At the same time you can play with ur individual character and develop him, and then fight agaisnt other players' individual characters. How solo modes and town modes are going to interact with each other has not been decided yet. Continents differ from each other greatly in style, that gives a player better choice of who he wants to be
    in the game. Some continents are more offencive while others are more defencive.
    And as I said their world is highly futuristic, combining technology and biology making
    the world look half ancient or medieval and at the same time futuristic, this combination
    gives wide range of ideas in fantasy (atleast for me). Every continent and the world
    as a whole has etymology, prologue, history of how the land and the world came into existence, 1st civilizations there and everything else.

Thread Information