dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: how can I disable local handling of email on my server?

how can I disable local handling of email on my server?

Hi All,

I've decided to go with google email services for my website instead of managing email directly on my server. Everything works fine now except sending local emails. I can send emails to outside email addresses from my server and outside emails sent to my addresses get handled by google email fine.

Now the problem is if I'm trying to send support emails or any email from a local address (apache) to my support email address. This gets handled by my local server and tries to send an email to the local "support" user which doesn't exist so it bounces.

So how can I change my server so that any email sent locally also get sent to the emails hosted by google (external addresses)? If it matters, I'm using postfix on my server.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Please make sure that your domain entry is added on localdomains. You can find the localdomains file on /etc/localdomains (if linuxserver).

There is no localdomains file anywhere on my linux (Centos) server. Any other suggestion?

Have you checked in /etc folder. Try to login to your SSH and check the localdomains file. The localdomain file is located under /etc/localdomains.

Thread Information