dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Installing PHP and MySQL on IIS6

Question Installing PHP and MySQL on IIS6

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the PHP section or here. Figured this is more of a server management thing than coding...so here it is! :-)

I've just begun to play with a test Windows server running IIS. This is completely for a friend and I to learn from. So, I really don't know jack yet.

I have IIS up and running and my site is visible from the web. So, that much is good. Now I want to get php and MySQL going.

I've found TONS of tutorials and walkthroughs on doing this, but most are very old and the new ones don't cover everything.
    Here's what I know I want from reading...
    Latest version of PHP running with FastCGI and then MySQL. All of this is running with IIS6.
    I've found tutorials for installing PHP with Fast CGI...and I've found tutorials for installing MySQL. I've also found tutorials for installing MySQL and PHP, but they're old and only install with ISAPI rather than FastCGI.

Does anyone know of a good, comprehensive tutorial for later versions of php and MySQL with FastCGI? Or can someone help me write one to share with other ignorant folk like myself? :-D

Thanks!

Kindly refer to below mentioned URL which might helps you to solve your issue:

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/247/u...ons-on-iis-60/

That's a very good tutorial on installing php. I've found some other good ones similar to it. But, I was kinda looking for a one stop shop to get php and MySQL installed.

Is it best to install php and then add MySQL, or the other way around?

I've also found tutorials to install MySQL alone. So, I suppose I can combine a good php tutorial and a good MySQL tutorial. Just need to know which order and if there are any hoops I need to jump through while installing one in order to accomodate the other.

Thanks!

Followed the tutorial you posted as well as another which was very similar. So far, still no luck getting everything to work.
    FastCGI is throwing an error when I try to access a php page in a browser:
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    FastCGI Error
    The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.

Error Details:

•Error Number: 14001 (0x800736b1).
    •Error Description: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
    HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas what I need to do? Obviously there's something wrong with the php install. But, there's nothing to really INSTALL with php. I copied the files to C:\php and edited the php.ini file the way the tutorial said. I don't know what else could be wrong with the php install. I did all the steps for configuring FastCGI and IIS. WHat else is there?:

Also, running 'php -info' at a command prompt yields:
    The system cannot execute the specified program.

And to think...I still have to get MySQL installed and working with php....<sob>

Someone please help!

Kindly refer to below mentioned URL which might helps you to solve your issue:

http://forums.iis.net/p/1163947/1930209.aspx

Got it fixed...I had missed on the php website that the latest version needed visual C++. Installed that and it started working! :-)

Thread Information