www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: trouble getting jquery lightbox v0.5 working in ie7

trouble getting jquery lightbox v0.5 working in ie7

Hi all;

I've been searching for a solution to this for hours, and cant find anything relating to what I might be doing wrong...

On the gallery page for a site i'm working on (my first!) i am using jquery lightbox v0.5 that i got from here, it works beautifully in ff3 but in ie7 it just links to a new page with the image. The code is near identical to the developers site, and I cant figure out the problem!

I've disabled almost all security stuffs that are on in ie7, and before that i was allowing the blocked content etc...

ive published it up to http://3pointproductions.net/urbanov...t/gallery.html for you to have a look at

ant help much appreciated!

Cheers

~T

Hello. Congratulations for your page. As for your problem, you would have to delete the " , " (comma) at the end of your lightBox code:

Code:
    $(function() {
    	$('#gallery a').lightBox({
    		imageLoading: 'images/lightbox-ico-loading.gif',
    		imageBtnClose: 'images/lightbox-btn-close.gif',
    		imageBtnPrev: 'images/lightbox-btn-prev.gif',
    		imageBtnNext: 'images/lightbox-btn-next.gif',
    		fixedNavigation: true,
    	});
    });
    You set your options followed by comma but at the last option is not needed as it's the end of the "list".

I have tested this myself and works in IE too after this fix. I hope it would do good for you too.

Cheers.

fantastic!! that did it!

thank you so much silktech

Your welcomed. I'm glad I could help.

Hi, Be really grateful for some help, similar problem to above. Lightbox (latest version) works fine in firefox but not in Internet Explorer. Here is a link to the webpage, if anyone could help me identify the problem, I will be eternally grateful.

http://www.speedfab.com/index.html

Many thanks

Forgot to say, lightbox also works fine in Safari and Chrome but just not in Internet Explorer. On the coding page, I get a red squiggly line which tells me that the rel attribute of the A tag is not supported? Thanks

Thread Information