www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Creating a Magento payment module

Creating a Magento payment module

Hello everyone! I'm trying to create a magento payment module for a Greek bank. Does anyone have experience with this? I have posted a complete description in the Magento Community website, here's the link. If you could help I would be grateful.

For those wondering...

The bank’s platform requires a POST request to this url: https://www.deltapay.gr/entry.asp
    Now the data that it needs to request a payment is the following:
    MerchantCode
    MerchantCode provided by DeltaPAY administrators. - This should be set by the admin and saved
    Charge
    The amount you want to charge (decimals should be formatted with a comma separator e.g. 10,50) - This should be obviously generated by magento depending on the order.
    CurrencyCode
    ISO standards 4217 numeric currency code (e.g. 978 for Euro or 840 for US Dollar) - There should be a dropdown with some basic currencies, or just Euros should be ok.
    CardHolderName
    The client’s name as it appears on the card - User input in the end of the order
    CardHolderEmail
    The client’s email for verification purposes - User input in the end of the order
    Installments
    The number of installments for this payment. - Set by the admin from a text field
    Seems easy enough at a quick glance. Those are your requirements, and they are plainly stated. Design a script that includes a form with those fields (show in bold above) set to the criteria described, set method to post and action set to the URL they provide.

Unfortunately, it's not that easy.

We cannot likely help you here because some of the elements of the form is relevant only to an insider who knows the specifics of that bank, i.e. any developer who attempts this would be working with the bank to create the proper form. There are legal and security issues involved not to mention this seems like a paid consulting job anyway - not just freebie code advice like we normally offer here.

And on top of all that, the developer would have to have specific experience with the Magento platform because that's part of the requirements as well. You might get a response here as to that, but ultimately posting on the Magento site as you did was the proper and best action, I think. As for us, on this forum, we likely can't help you beyond basic HTML form design which I suspect you already know as you noted you were working with XML on the other site. If you start writing code and get stuck, sure, that's more what we can do for you here.

Good luck and hope you find someone.

-jim

Hey Jim,

Yeah the problem is a bit specific, I have tried and failed, it just seemed to me that a developer community would have some people who have worked on Magento, its an awesome platform! There are no security issues because this particular system does not get credit card data from Magento (apart from the card owner's name) so the customer provides the info in the bank's secure environment. Also the bank allows people to develop freely and without restrictions, hence the detailed information about the POST request in the technical manual of their platform. Anyway I'll just leave this here in case someone can help, the Magento community is a bit slow :P

And of course if I manage to write the code for this, I will use it as a model for all the other Greek bank systems.

Thanks a lot

Understood, thanks for posting.

Magento payemtn module is one of the best module that is providing secure payment system. If we can add partial payment system in our payment module that will be good for our sales. i saw an example of partial payment system on fmeextensions.com/magento-layaway-partial-payments.html and that is good for those poeple who cannot afford products on single payment.

Thread Information