www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help Please

Question Help Please

http://mandyberry.net

I am designing this website for a friend, however I ran into some problems with CSS and browser functionality. If you could please, look at it in both Internet Explorer (8) and Firefox (3). It looks just perfect in IE8, however in Firefox you will notice that the text contained inside the Content image box is going off the image. Is there anyway possible that I could fix that easily(whether it be through photoshop or simple css)? Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

Thanks

You need to decrease the width of the content box.

I found that if you create a class to use with a paragraph tag in your html it will work how you want it to.

Your css could use a little cleaning up but that's not your problem, from what I could tell. I created a new class in the css and just applied a width of 300px or any number for your content to sit in.

css:
    Code:
    .content {
    width: 300px;	
    }
    html:
    HTML Code:
    <p class="content">Some text should go here. Some text should go here. Some text should go here. Some text should go here. Some text should go here. Some text should go here. </p>
    This worked for me in Firefox 3.5 but I didn't check it elsewhere although I imagine it would work fine in the others. Hope this helps!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by drumbum360 View Post
    I found that if you create a class to use with a paragraph tag in your html it will work how you want it to.

Your css could use a little cleaning up but that's not your problem, from what I could tell. I created a new class in the css and just applied a width of 300px or any number for your content to sit in.

css:
    Code:
    .content {
    width: 300px;	
    }
    html:
    HTML Code:
    <p class="content">Some text should go here. Some text should go here. Some text should go here. Some text should go here. Some text should go here. Some text should go here. </p>
    This worked for me in Firefox 3.5 but I didn't check it elsewhere although I imagine it would work fine in the others. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much drumbum360! This really helped me out!

Thread Information