dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Searching for Snippets in People's Source Codes.. Does an Engine Exist?

Searching for Snippets in People's Source Codes.. Does an Engine Exist?

I'm wondering if there is a search egine that searches source code rather than site content. Would come in really handy if there is... Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Christophe27 View Post
    I tried this and it doesn't seem to search the soruce code of people's websites as far as I can tell because it couldn't even pick up popular snippets of code from peoples sites.

Ok, I'm sorry. But what is exactly what you want to do. You could look at the sourcecode of website by rightclick -> view source, but ofcourse you cannot look at the php-files on the server.

Do you want a search engine to look into the html output files? For what purpose if I may ask?

Christophe

Ok, I'm sorry. But what is exactly what you want to do. You could look at the sourcecode of website by rightclick -> view source, but ofcourse you cannot look at the php-files on the server.

Do you want a search engine to look into the html output files? For what purpose if I may ask?

Christophe
    For researching some web applications I may plan to use. I wish to see what types of sites are using them which would help judge whether or no they are effective.

The applications require a snippet of code to be placed in the source so if I could search I could find.

So you are actually looking for a search engine which search in open source web applications? I don't know any of these ...

So you are actually looking for a search engine which search in open source web applications? I don't know any of these ...
    No a search engine that browses source code rather than like a standard search engine where it browses the sites content.

Say I wanted to find who all had a certain WordPress theme installed.

I would just have to search for.

wp-content/themes/themename

and I would get a lits of results.

Annoyingly I still I haven't found anything.

Thread Information