dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Joomla or Drupal better for SEO?

Joomla or Drupal better for SEO?

Hi,

Im about to develop a pretty large website in either JOOMLA or DRUPAL.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest if one over the other is better at Search Engine Optimization and getting high rankings.

By this I mean if the 2 sites were developed side by side and the same SEO techniques were applied, which CMS language out of the 2 would be the visible winner?

Please give your examples to support your answer.

regards,
    elv8.

Hi,

I don't have much experience with Drupal, but I know Joomla is excellent in search engines. Please understand that the type of CMS you'll use is just a small aspect of SEO. One of the most important things a CMS has to offer is SEO friendly url's which is included in Joomla. You have to enable you're mod_rewrite in apache for this, so perhaps you must check if it is available if you use shared hosting

Christophe

Quote Originally Posted by Christophe27 View Post
    Hi,

I don't have much experience with Drupal, but I know Joomla is excellent in search engines. Please understand that the type of CMS you'll use is just a small aspect of SEO. One of the most important things a CMS has to offer is SEO friendly url's which is included in Joomla. You have to enable you're mod_rewrite in apache for this, so perhaps you must check if it is available if you use shared hosting

Christophe
    True that you pointed out that no matter what CMS you use its just a small aspect of seo. Great that Joomla offers SEO friendly url's and yeh the site will be running on VPS but I will check that also. Thanks...

From my overall experience nothing like Wordpress.

Quote Originally Posted by appsheriff View Post
    From my overall experience nothing like Wordpress.
    Amen!

Thread Information