www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help - Odd Problem

Help - Odd Problem

I did a little job that is turning into a nightmare.

I got a call from a guy who needed certain information to be removed from his site, which I did. He also wanted an "Under Construction" page put up, which I did. He then wanted all the old pages to be removed.

All the pages were in subdirectories, and I renamed all the sub directories so if anyone found one of his pages in a search engine, that person would get an error.

This is all pretty basic, dumb work, so I certainly didn't screw it up.

His boss looked at the site and found all the old stuff still there. He cleared his cache, and it was still there. The guy I was doing the work for is having the same issues as his boss - everything looks as it did before I did the work.

Now, if I look at the site, all my work is there.

Does anyone have any clue as to why this might be happening. They are clearing their browser caches, so they should be getting the new stuff. The Network guy at their work swears up and down that they network doesn't cache anything.

Has anyone encountered this before? Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going on?

Please make sure that you have uploaded the modified content at the right place? Also, try the below mentioned command at the command prompt where his boss get the old pages:

1. Click Star menu >> Run >> CMD
    2. ipconfig /flushdns

Thank you so much

Everything was uploaded to the right place. That shop is the only place where the new stuff wasn't showing. If you accessed that site form any other hosting service the new stuff showed.

Thanks for the command. I don't have access to their server so I can't do that. Can you tell me what that does so that I can tell the client what the issue might be?

Thanks again for your help.

This command is used to flush and reset a client resolver cache.

Thread Information