dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need Help Quick!!!!!!!

Unhappy Need help PLEASE

I've created an order form in FrontPage 2000. The first page has a submit button that sends the user to the confirmation page that displays a summary of their order. The confirmation page has a "confirm" button that executes a window alert that confirms that their order was submitted successfully. All of this is working properly, EXCEPT I have to be able to receive the results via e-mail or people are submitting orders that I will NEVER KNOW ABOUT. I've tried absolutely everything and I'm about to have a coronary with this. The normal mailto function gives that horrible message in IE that I can't use. If I try to set the confirm button to "send results to e-mail", the first order page submit button defaults to some generic confirmation page with no results and bypasses my confirmation page altogether. I'm not sure what one submit button has to do with the other submit button on a confirmation page.

Is there ANY script that I can add that will send e-mail results of my confirmation page?
    Last edited by ltk; 11-25-2002 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks Dave,

I appreciate the quick response.

That's the very thing that's not working and has me ready to pull my hair out. I'm a newbie to websites and JavaScript so I'm probably doing a horrible job of explaining the problem. I have the main page of the order form, I'll call Page 1 that has the order form that people fill out. It has a submit button that is set to go to the confirmation page which I'll call Page 2. Page 2 also has a submit button. Here's the weird thing. You have 2 options for how to store results. If I set the form properties of Page 2 to send the results to e-mail, Page 1 ignores it's form property settings and defaults me to some default confirmation page instead of Page 2. If I set the form properties of Page 2 to "other", Page 1 works just fine and routes me to Page 2 like it's supposed to. There in lies the problem. There seems to be no way to get e-mail results from the confirmation page where the user confirms their order. I don't want an e-mail when they submit because they could make changes or even change their mind and cancel the order. I don't understand what one submit button has to do with the other one that's on a different page.

There must be some relationship there but I don't know what that is. It appears that no matter how many submit buttons I have, every page would default to the properties set on the last submit button in the chain. Since I'm a newbie and will never figure out the problem, I'm hoping there's some work around with a script that I could copy into the HTML page. The only ones I've found so far give a really ugly message with IE.

Sorry to be so long. I'm probably not explaining the problem in the correct terms and it may be hard to follow.

I'm sending out my brochures today that stear people to the website for ordering and I'm really disappointed that I can't make this work. I basically have them order from the main page and then it goes to a confirmation page that says "thank you for your order". There's no way to make changes or review the order before submitting. I can't wait any longer on getting the brochures out so that's why I'm desperately trying to get a fix for this.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by ltk; 11-26-2002 at 09:48 AM.

Thanks Dave. I was afraid that you were going to say that. I looked at ASP pages but I'm too much of a newbie to make that work.

Hope you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Thread Information