www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] Possible top padding/margin issue

resolved [RESOLVED] Possible top padding/margin issue

Sometimes on my website i get extra padding/margin at the very top of the page which shifts everything down. As i have a black banner as my page background this stays put and the content lowers and looks broken. Is this a CSS issue with padding or margins? I'm really stuck as this doesn't happen everything i visit the site - it seems a bit random.

My website is: http://www.kerryellisweb.co.uk

CSS: http://www.kerryellisweb.co.uk/asset...es/default.css

Image of the problem is attached.

Grateful for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

it looks to me not to be a top margin issue on the image but seems to be associated with the height of the links in the top navigation, I would guess you need to change #pNavigation a to height: 24px
    looks like the font height, padding and height are adding to more than you intended

Thanks, tjedgar. I've tried this but hasn't solved the problem

I have just noticed some extra code is being added for some reason. I've looked at the page using Firefox's Firebug add-on and found this is added after the <body> tag:

<div id="atffc"><object width="1px" height="1px" id="atff" data="//bin.clearspring.com/at/v/1/button1.6.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/></object></div>

Not sure where that's coming from - nothing in my original HTML file!

Just found out what the problem was. I have the ADDTHIS bookmarking feature on my site which was adding the code in some browsers the first time a user visits my website.

Found out the solution is to add extra code after the ADDTHIS code:

<script type="text/javascript">
    var addthis_config = {
    data_use_flash: false
    }
    </script>

Thanks for your help.

@fabala2008 Thanks so much for your solution! I was having the same exact problem on my website (upsidedowntext.com). The banner at the top was being (sometimes) pushed down a couple pixels. It was strange because sometimes the bug would appear and other times it would not, and even stranger, in Firefox, when I refreshed the page the extra padding disappeared. So I assumed it was just a rendering problem. But after noticing the extra padding numerous times I finally decided to investigate. Your var addthis_config = { data_use_flash: false } solution worked perfectly. So just wanted to say thanks

Thread Information