Hi:

Let me preface this with the usual disclaimer: I am new to this and have only been programming with Javascript, PHP for about 2 weeks now and have been lucky enough to have resolved the issues I have encountered. This one however is puzzling to me.

I have a HTML form created that collects member information. It calls, on submit, a confirmation page that lists all the data fields entered. This all works great. However, when I then post the variables from the first html form page from my second confirmation html page to my PHP script, using document.write with input type=hidden and inserting the address variable into the value field, the Javascript only passes this variable up to the first space. It is the only variable I pass that has a space in it.

I have verified that the variable does indeed contain the whole address and I have also verified when I execute the following:
document.write ('<input type="hidden" name="address1" value='+address_1+'>');

the address_1 parameter passed to the php script only passes the string up to the first space.

I even tried to put fixed text in there instead of a variable (e.g.)

document.write ('<input type="hidden" name="address1" value="555 Drury Lane" >');

and it still only passes the string up to the first space (555).

I show the variable address_1 on my confirmation page and it shows the entire string.

I checked what was being passed and it seems that the Javascript is the culprit (or more likely the Javascript creator - me)

All my other variables (which don't have spaces) pass to the php script with no problems.

I did a lot of searches but could not find any comprehensive solution to this particular issue. Any assistance would be appreciated.