www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Selecting a new hosting service

Selecting a new hosting service

I am currently in the process of picking a new web host (because Yahoo Small Business does not allow me to edit .htaccess, among other things) and I am looking for a new host that will allow me much more freedom when it comes to this type of thing. However, I'm not sure which host to go with/how exactly to do it. I don't have the kind of dedicated connection to host from home. Does anyone have any suggestions on which host to pick/guidelines or tutorials for migrating to a new host? All help is appreciated.

what exactly are your needs? I assume your site is database driven if its e-commerce. How much bandwidth and storage do you expect to need? Do you get a lot of traffic?

ICDSoft.com very cheap and unbelievable support. With regards to features and flexibility, they've got everything you'd ever need (I could elaborate, but it's easier for me if I just tell you to go to their site and check out their features and pricing instead).

I am a huge proponent of this hosting company because my experience with this has been unbelievably good over the past several years. Every time I get a new client, if they don't have a host, I sign them up with ICDSoft, if they do have a host, I usually ask them to switch after taking a look at their current host's control panel and see the lines 24/7 Phone/Email support, I require that they switch to ICDSoft. Email support is only useful when people check it, and no support technician ever has to check their e-mail. 24/7 phone support sounds great, but when you're on hold for an hour and a half, it really gets to you.

I'm not an affiliate nor do I get any commission for this type of thing, but they're hosting is truly spectacular.

Thank you for your suggestions. The major features I need are PHP, MySQL, and as I said .htaccess. Also, although I have PHP and MySQL through Yahoo, I am not able to update/configure them. I need a web host that allows me to do this. Does IDCSoft allow this? If not, I'll probably have to use a different host.

Absolutely.

php.ini's as well.

PHP/MySQL configurable as much as you want.

You can get the hosting packages from http://www.thewebpole.com/ . It provides the three hosting plans which has more features..You can choose any of them..

Thread Information