www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Signature

I totally agree with what you are saying Steve.
    Having a signature that redirects members to other sites is definitely a No-No !
    But an animated signature of a username placed at the bottom of a post is totally harmless.
    The point here in issue is, why can't the members be told the minimum number of posts that has to be made
    before they maybe allowed to have a signature.
    Spamming signatures I would not allow even if a mamber has made numerous posts, or has been a member
    since the beginning of time.

Cheers .... I wish you a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    It has more to do with spammers and or people who's sole intention is to post junk for the sake of getting signatures to advertise their own interests.

Quote Originally Posted by web002 View Post
    hello there. I am new on this forum and I want to ask you somethink: why can't I put a signature on my profile?

Thank you,
    hi, you need to have a reasonable amount of posts before you can post your signature .

A signature is a signature. They are either turned on based on post counts and or dates or they aren't. The vBulletin software doesn't have the ability to tell the difference between the types of signatures.

Just think of "when" your signature show up as a surprise We don't mention the info in an attempt to keep people from posting a bunch of junk just to get their post count up.

how many min no of post for sinature ??

Quote Originally Posted by aman258047 View Post
    how many min no of post for sinature ??
    Umm. Right above your post is the answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    We don't mention the info in an attempt to keep people from posting a bunch of junk just to get their post count up.

plss tell how many minimum posts req. for signature

well done ...good post
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 05-20-2014 at 02:33 AM. Reason: uRL removed.

After how many days or posts signature will allow ???

First read Forum rules after you will understand easily why you wasn't use signature as a new member of the community.
    Rules are teaching us about out self life and how we on the top so keep rules of Web Developer forum.

thanks its your point of view but in opinion you just encourage the newbies to spamming thanks to encourage them to post

Quote Originally Posted by omthavertch View Post
    thanks its your point of view but in opinion you just encourage the newbies to spamming thanks to encourage them to post
    There is some merit in your view, but there is a counter argument... When people who are only interested in spamming the site find that they cannot add a signature, they often add a link at the end of their posts. This act gets them either a warning that they will be banned if they repeat it, or they may be banned straight off. Either way they seem to lose interest and go away.

Hope every one Good friends actually mostly forums allowing signature after 10 posts but every one community of forums have rules for developing his website so here web developer forum also have rules so wait for some good posts then automatically allowed forum..
    Thanks..

Thread Information