www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Tooltips in "storebuilder" from StoresOnline

Question Tooltips in "storebuilder" from StoresOnline

Hello. I have a site up that uses StoresOnline as its hosting service. They also have a "storebuilder" which is kind of a template/point-and-click set up for websites. ("Insert Page name here", "add image here", etc)
    They have a button in the element builder for adding a tooltip to an image, but no such feature for adding one to a text element. When I questioned "support" I was told that they couldn't find an answer on google(!) and recommended this site.
    The issue at hand is that I'm not at all familiar with the tech and lingo of JavaScript. I've been to WaterZ and tried to use his files, but I got zero result when I ran the page.
    I need some sort of tutorial on JavaScript (in PLAIN english, please) or someone with a kind heart to help me figure out the steps to get tooltips up for the site. (I guess the cheap answer is to try to turn all my text into image files...yikes)

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

I suppose they have an input to, "add text here"
    You could try placing <span> <b> or <i> tags with titles wrapping the text.

The guys on their support team are not necessarily trained in JavaScript. They are probably just trained on the builder and the functions in it. You're looking for more of a programmer which is why the sent you here. I found a site that may help...

They show a sample using tooltips for text, images, and text with images...

http://www.guyfromchennai.com/downloads/tooltip.html

You can view the source of the page to see the javascript's that they're running as well as the Style's that they have set up for the tooltip.

You'll likely have to modify the <head> tag in your builder and CSS, so for that you may need to call the support team back but that should give you more to run with.

Thanks for the input so far. I'll work with that and see how it goes. I tried a tooltip "generator" and I'm still getting no result. Could it be that I HAVE to publish the page and that the files I've tried won't work in a preview mode?

J

Thread Information